News for You
Learn About DCD Process at Hospital Professionals Seminar
We invite nurses and healthcare professionals to attend Beyond Dying: A Compassionate Look at the DCD Process, our free seminar designed to help our hospital partners learn more about how their organizations can save and enhance lives through our shared donation efforts.
This seminar, open to hospital staff members only, will help you learn about best practices to use in DCD, or Donation After Circulatory Death, cases and how to apply them to enhance donation outcomes. It will be held from 8 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Friday, April 21, in Oak Brook, Ill.
By attending the seminar, you will be able to:
- Reflect on your personal feelings toward organ donation and transplantation
- Discuss policy and other issues that affect donor and recipient management
- Discuss how recent process changes affect your hospital's staff
- Identify best practice related to the DCD process
- Compare best practices and consider possible changes you can make to enhance donation outcomes at your hospitals
The seminar has been submitted to the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91) for approval to award contact hours. The Ohio Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.