Join us throughout the year at community and public programs at which our Gift of Hope staff and volunteers are engaged with community advocate and providing education about life-giving organ, eye and tissue donation.
In addition to our public programs and fundraisers below, please check our programs specifically for:
- South Side Chicago/South Suburban Ambassadors Meeting | Sept. 7, 6-7 p.m. – Salvation Army Kroc Center, 1250 W. 119th St., Chicago
At this monthly meeting of Gift Hope’s South Side/South Suburban Ambassadors, Gift of Hope Community Outreach Supervisor Tina Montgomery will lead a training workshop. For more information and to RSVP, contact Olivia Fox or Ashley Ocasio, Gift of Hope Community Outreach.
- 32nd Annual Seniorama | Sept. 9, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Decatur Civic Center, 1 Gary K. Anderson Plaza, Decatur, Ill.
TStop by Gift of Hope’s informational booth at this year’s Seniorama for seniors and their families, to learn more about becoming an organ, eye and tissue donor. Contact Tina Montgomery, Gift of Hope Community Outreach.
- Gift of Hope at Mercado on Fifth | Sept. 24, 5-10 p.m. – 5th Avenue & 12th Street, Moline, Ill.
Visit us at Gift of Hope’s donor registration and information table at Mercado on Fifth, sharing information about organ and tissue donation with the Quad Cities’ Hispanic community. Contact Jennifer Aguilar, Gift of Hope Community Outreach.
- Connections for Spanish-Speaking Donor Families | Sept. 26, 3-4 p.m. – Virtual (online) event
Donor families who speak Spanish are invited to connect with one another and share their experiences and stories of their loved ones. For more information and to register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gift of Hope Quilt Square Workshop |Oct. 14, 4-5 p.m.
Donor families are welcome to design and create quilt squares to honor their loved ones. With only 20 more quilt squares, we can complete a new quilt blanket to display throughout Illinois and northwest Indiana at hospitals and Gift of Hope events honoring our region’s life-giving organ, eye and tissue donors. Contact email@example.com.
- Eye Donation Month |Nov. 1-30
Each November, Eye Donation Month raises awareness about cornea donation and transplantation, honors the selfless individuals who donated the gift of sight to others, and celebrates recipients whose lives have been transformed thanks to this generosity. Follow Gift of Hope on Facebook or Twitter or at www.giftofhope.org, or Eversight, our eye bank partner, at on Facebook or Twitter, or at www.eversightvision.org.
- Faith and Hope Month | Nov. 1-30
Gift of Hope also observes Faith and Hope Month in November, working with faith-based organizations to celebrate those whose faith has inspired the gift of life, sight and healing to others through organ, eye and tissue donation. We explore and honor faith-based perspectives on donation and transplantation during this time.
- National Donor Sabbath | Nov. 12-14
Each year, National Donor Sabbath is observed two weekends before Thanksgiving, from Friday through Sunday, as faith leaders, donor families, transplant recipients, and donation and transplantation professionals participate in services and programs to educate the public about the need for the lifesaving and healing gifts passed to others through transplantation, while also encouraging people to register their decision to be organ, eye and tissue donors.
More annual observances
- The Rose Parade and Donate Life Float, Jan. 1
- National Donate Life Month
- National Donor Day, Feb. 14
- National Blue and Green Day
- National Pediatric Transplant Week, last week of April