Join us throughout the year at community and public programs at which our Gift of Hope staff and volunteers are engaged with community advocate and providing education about life-giving organ, eye and tissue donation.
In addition to our public programs and fundraisers below, please check our programs specifically for:
Mark your calendar and follow us on Facebook for updates and announcements!
- Dine & Donate at Rock Bottom Brewery! June 16, 5-9 p.m.
Dine at Rock Bottom Brewery in Chicago or Yorktown/Lombard between 5 and 9 p.m. June 16—and 15% of your check will benefit Gift of Hope!
Show this flyer at the restaurant, call in your order and mention Gift of Hope Giveback, or order online (Chicago or Yorktown/Lombard location) and provide the code GIVEBACK. Our Community Outreach team will also be at both locations with giveaways and answers to your questions about organ, eye & tissue donation.
- Miles for Maddog Run & Walk, June 26, 7 a.m.
Our Gift of Hope Team is proudly participating in this certified course/USATF sanctioned 5K run walk and 10K run at Lincoln-Way North High School in Frankfort, Ill. Click here to learn more, join the physical or virtual event and support the Maddog Strong Foundation. The Foundation is Gift of Hope’s partner in providing Illinois high school education about organ, eye and tissue donation.
- Pride in the Park, Grant Park, Chicago, June 26-27, 2-10 p.m.
Stop by and talk to our Community Affairs team and volunteers celebrating pride, equality and equity, with giveaways, donor education and registration support.
- The National Kidney Foundation of Illinois Walk for Kidneys, June 27, 9 a.m. start
Join Team Hope for the walk and festivities with COVID-19 precautions in place throughout the day. Or, join virtually: Follow NKFI live on Facebook or YouTube, and walk where you are to support the fight against kidney disease. Register here today! Contact: Olivia Fox.
- U.S. Transplant Games
- National Minority Donor Awareness Month
- Hospital webinar: “A Journey Through the DCD Process: Family and Patient Care in the ICU,” August 5
- Hospital webinar: “A Journey Through the DCD Process: End of Life Care and Organ Procurement,” August 19
- Eye Donation Awareness Month
- Faith and Hope Month
- National Marrow Awareness Month
More annual observances
- The Rose Parade and Donate Life Float, Jan. 1
- National Donate Life Month
- National Donor Day, Feb. 14
- National Blue and Green Day
- National Pediatric Transplant Week, last week of April