Our medical and hospital partners play a crucial role in making donation possible by identifying and referring potential donors in a timely manner. When medical eligibility and consent for donation are confirmed, we collaborate to support donor families, coordinate successful donation and, ultimately, provide lifesaving and life-enhancing organ and tissue transplants for people in need.
Join the HRSA DoNation Campaign
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) encourages all hospitals to join us in educating and promoting life-giving organ and tissue donation.
Each year, HRSA recognizes hospitals across the country for their participation in the campaign. Many hospitals work with Gift of Hope annually to earn this federal recognition.
Click here for information and a toolkit to get started today.
Gift of Hope Hospital Development offers a series of Continuing Education Webinars. Registration is required. See below for more information.
Tissue Donation 101: The Gift of Tissue and Eye Donation
Thursday, Oct. 5, 2023
Tissue Donation 102: Life-enhancing Tissue Transplantation
Thursday, Oct. 19, 2023
All hospital and clinical professionals are invited.
One continuing education contact hour will be offered to nurses and social workers for each webinar.
- Brett Butzman, Education & Training Consultant, Gift of Hope
- Kelly Patrick, MS, CTBS, RecoveryPartner Director, Solvita
- Tissue donor families and transplant recipients will share their stories
Registration to attend via Zoom opening soon.
For more information contact your Gift of Hope hospital development contact.
Organ Donation 101: The Process
Thursday, Mar. 30, 2023
- Sean Enter, Supervisor, Clinical Services, Gift of Hope
- Donor family and transplant recipient special guests
Overcoming Barriers: Ethics, Family Support and Donation Conversation
Thursday, Nov. 3, 2023
- Keenan Heyde, Donation Consultant, Donor Alliance, Denver, CO
- David Reeves, Director of Mission Impact and Ethics Committee Chair, The Medical Center of Aurora, CO
- Amanda Korcal, Gift of Hope Donation Coordinator, Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network
Effective End of Life Conversations and their Impact on Donation
Thursday, Sept. 22
- Deepak S. Nair, MD, Vascular & Critical Care Neurologist,
OSF Healthcare Saint Francis, OSF Illinois Neurological Institute
- Karen C. White, MD, PhD, Critical Care/Neurocritical Care Specialist
Carle Foundation Hospital
- Emily Dillon, MA, LCPC, Manager, Donation Specialists
Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network
Changing Criteria to Expand the Donor Pool
Thursday, June 16
- David Lee, MD, Loyola Medicine
- Lacey Deloera, MSN, RN, CPTC, Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network
- Family of an HIV+ organ donor
Case Studies: Considerations in Pediatric Brain Death Donation
Thursday, April 21
- Sue J. Hong, MD, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Meghana Nadiger, MD, FAAP, OSF Healthcare Children’s Hospital of Illinois
- Kelsey Bastian, RN, mother of a pediatric heart transplant recipient
Check back as new continuing education opportunities and programs are announced.
Click here for programs and events for the public and donor families throughout Illinois and northwest Indiana.