Our medical and hospital partners play a crucial role in making donation possible by identifying and referring potential donors in a timely manner. When medical eligibility and consent for donation are confirmed, we collaborate to support donor families, coordinate successful donation and, ultimately, provide lifesaving and life-enhancing organ and tissue transplants for people in need.
Gift of Hope Hospital Development offers a series of Continuing Education Webinars. Registration is required. See below for more information.
Changing Criteria to Expand the Donor Pool
Thursday, June 16
- David Lee, MD, Loyola Medicine
- Lacey Deloera, MSN, RN, CPTC, Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network
- Family of an HIV+ organ donor
Explaining Brain Death and Bridging Language
September – date TBA
Ethics in Organ and Tissue Donation
December – date TBA
Case Studies: Considerations in Pediatric Brain Death Donation
Thursday, April 21
- Sue J. Hong, MD, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Meghana Nadiger, MD, FAAP, OSF Healthcare Children’s Hospital of Illinois
- Kelsey Bastian, RN, mother of a pediatric heart transplant recipient
Check back as new continuing education opportunities and programs are announced.
Click here for programs and events for the public and donor families throughout Illinois and northwest Indiana.