Our medical and hospital partners play a crucial role in making donation possible by identifying and referring potential donors in a timely manner. When medical eligibility and consent for donation are confirmed, we collaborate to support donor families, coordinate successful donation and, ultimately, provide lifesaving and life-enhancing organ and tissue transplants for people in need.
Gift of Hope Hospital Development offers a series of Continuing Education Webinars. Registration is required. See below for more information.
Effective End of Life Conversations and their Impact on Donation
Thursday, September 22
1 CEU for nurses offered
Deepak S. Nair, MD, Vascular & Critical Care Neurologist,
OSF Healthcare Saint Francis, OSF Illinois Neurological Institute
Karen C. White, MD, PhD, Critical Care/Neurocritical Care Specialist
Carle Foundation Hospital
Emily Dillon, MA, LCPC, Manager, Donation Specialists
Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network
Topics presented will include:
- improving communication with the care team, family and Gift of Hope
- preparing families for brain death testing and end of life decisions
- explaining brain death to families
- bridging the conversation to the subject of donation
- the importance of timing in conversations about donation.
Ethics in Organ and Tissue Donation
December – date TBA
Changing Criteria to Expand the Donor Pool
Thursday, June 16
- David Lee, MD, Loyola Medicine
- Lacey Deloera, MSN, RN, CPTC, Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network
- Family of an HIV+ organ donor
Case Studies: Considerations in Pediatric Brain Death Donation
Thursday, April 21
- Sue J. Hong, MD, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Meghana Nadiger, MD, FAAP, OSF Healthcare Children’s Hospital of Illinois
- Kelsey Bastian, RN, mother of a pediatric heart transplant recipient
Check back as new continuing education opportunities and programs are announced.
Click here for programs and events for the public and donor families throughout Illinois and northwest Indiana.