Our medical and hospital partners play a crucial role in making donation possible by identifying and referring potential donors in a timely manner. When medical eligibility and consent for donation are confirmed, we collaborate to support donor families, coordinate successful donation and, ultimately, provide lifesaving and life-enhancing organ and tissue transplants for people in need.
Gift of Hope Hospital Development offers a series of Continuing Education Webinars. Registration is required. See below for more information.
Please check back for webinars planned in 2023.
To suggest a future webinar topic, contact your Hospital Development contact, found here.
Overcoming Barriers: Ethics, Family Support and Donation Conversation
Thursday, Nov. 3
- Keenan Heyde, Donation Consultant, Donor Alliance, Denver, CO
- David Reeves, Director of Mission Impact and Ethics Committee Chair, The Medical Center of Aurora, CO
- Amanda Korcal, Gift of Hope Donation Coordinator, Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network
Effective End of Life Conversations and their Impact on Donation
Thursday, Sept. 22
- Deepak S. Nair, MD, Vascular & Critical Care Neurologist,
OSF Healthcare Saint Francis, OSF Illinois Neurological Institute
- Karen C. White, MD, PhD, Critical Care/Neurocritical Care Specialist
Carle Foundation Hospital
- Emily Dillon, MA, LCPC, Manager, Donation Specialists
Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network
Changing Criteria to Expand the Donor Pool
Thursday, June 16
- David Lee, MD, Loyola Medicine
- Lacey Deloera, MSN, RN, CPTC, Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network
- Family of an HIV+ organ donor
Case Studies: Considerations in Pediatric Brain Death Donation
Thursday, April 21
- Sue J. Hong, MD, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Meghana Nadiger, MD, FAAP, OSF Healthcare Children’s Hospital of Illinois
- Kelsey Bastian, RN, mother of a pediatric heart transplant recipient
Check back as new continuing education opportunities and programs are announced.
Click here for programs and events for the public and donor families throughout Illinois and northwest Indiana.