Saving lives: The HRSA DoNation Campaign
Your hospital can make a difference for those awaiting life-saving organ transplants and healing tissues.
DoNation is a national initiative sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), to educate our community about the crucial need for organ, eye, and tissue donation and to encourage people to sign up as organ and tissue donors. All hospitals are encouraged to join the campaign to help save lives.
DoNation is the new name for HRSA’s annual Workplace Partnership For Life campaign. Since 2011, this campaign has encouraged more than 60,000 donor registrations nationwide.
The need is critical. More than 100,000 Americans are awaiting a life-saving transplant. One person is added to the waitlist every 9 minutes. While 95% of Americans support donation, only 58% are registered donors.
Each year, HRSA recognizes hospitals across the country for their participation in the campaign. Many hospitals work with Gift of Hope annually to earn this federal recognition.
Help raise awareness to increase donor registration among your employees and community. Getting started is easy!
- Contact your Gift of Hope hospital liaison to enroll.
- Download the DoNation materials below to get started.
- Visit our donor registration drive page for more resources you can download to promote donation.
- Spread the word to employees and the public through email, on social media pages or on your website.
- Use annual observances as opportunities to schedule donation-related activities and communications:
- February 14: National Donor Day
- The month of April: National Donate Life Month
- The month of August: National Minority Donor Awareness Month
- The month of November: Faith and Hope Month