Funeral Service Professionals
Among the support and resources Gift of Hope provides for funeral service providers are:
- Reimbursement for the embalming of tissue donors
- Transportation of donors to the funeral home
- Donation resources for you to provide to families, such as brochures, lapel pins or bracelets
- Vehicle magnets and other ways to show your support for donation: and the families of donors
- Continuing education opportunities for funeral directors, embalmers, forensic pathologists and coroners.
For more information and to request resources, e-mail Gift of Hope’s Partner Relations team.
Only through close collaboration can we ensure that every donor’s wishes are honored and every opportunity to save and enhance lived through organ and tissue donation is realized.
We are committed to providing information, support and connection opportunities to donor families for as long as they would like.
Visit the Donor Family Services page to learn more.
Gift of Hope works closely with funeral service professionals in Illinois and northwest Indiana to honor the decision of organ, eye and tissue donors and their families.
We also provide helpful materials (flags, magnets, bracelets/pins for visitations) that can be used during funeral services to recognize and honor the selfless gift of donation.
Contact Partner Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to request materials.