High School Community
Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network offers programs for Illinois and northwest Indiana high schools and drivers’ education classes, to educate students about donation and the decision to register as a donor.
In Illinois, residents age 16 and older can legally register their decisions and consent to become an organ, eye and tissue donor through the Illinois Secretary of State’s Illinois Organ/Tissue Donor Registry. In Indiana, residents can register through the Indiana Donor Registry.
Our trained instructors:
- Explain donation and how it works
- Explain the need for donation and transplantation
- Explain the process and services provided for families when a loved one become a donor
- Correct the myths and explore frequently asked questions
- Inform students on what it means to register as an organ, eye and tissue donor
Click here request a presentation for your high school or driver’s education class.