Gift of Hope Community Foundation honors organ & tissue donation advocates
ITASCA, Ill. (July 24, 2023) – The Gift of Hope Community Foundation announced today that five Illinois leaders will receive Life-Changer Awards for exceptional support for organ and tissue donation, at the Inaugural Gift of Hope Community Foundation Golf Outing on July 27 at the Seven Bridges Golf Club in Woodridge, Ill.
Former Secretary of State Jesse White, who retired in January after 24 years as Illinois’ longest-serving secretary of state and public advocate for organ and tissue donation, will be honored with the inaugural Jesse White Leadership Achievement Award. The newly established award will be presented annually to individuals who uniquely devote long-term leadership that creates measurable and extraordinary impact in increasing organ and tissue donation in Illinois.
Inaugural Gift of Hope Life-Changers Awards will be presented to:
- Illinois Rep. Nabeela Syed, with the 2023 Life Changing Champion Award for exceptional commitment and creativity in going the extra mile to save and enhance the lives of others.
- U.S. Congressman Danny K. Davis, with the 2023 Life Changer Award for Compassionate Service.
- Cook County Medical Examiner Ponni Arunkumar, MD, and her office, with the 2023 Life Changer Award for Outstanding Teams.
- Jeff Ziegenhorn, general manager, Teall Properties Group, with the 2023 Life Changer Award for Passionate People.
“We’re honored to have such dedicated community leaders and champions who use their platforms to amplify our mission to save and enhance the lives of as many people as possible through organ and tissue donation,” said Audrena Spence, executive director of the Gift of Hope Community Foundation.
The sold-out Gift of Hope Community Foundation Golf Outing was established this year to raise support for:
- Public and professional education critical to increasing organ and tissue donation.
- Services and support for the families of organ and tissue donors throughout and beyond the loss of their loved ones, for as long as they seek Gift of Hope’s specialized support.
- Scientific research to advance donation and transplant outcomes.
About Gift of Hope Community Foundation:
Established in 2018, the Gift of Hope Community Foundation raises funds to support Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network’s mission and programs, to save and enhance the lives of as many people as possible through organ and tissue donation. Learn more about the Foundation at giftofhope.org/give.