Public Relations Specialist
Inaugural Gift of Hope Community Foundation golf outing a sold-out success
ITASCA, Ill. (August 7, 2023) – More than 180 family members of organ and tissue donors, transplant recipients, healthcare and industry professionals and advocates helped raise funds for Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network programs at a sold-out Gift of Hope Community Foundation Inaugural Golf Outing on July 27 at the Seven Bridges Golf Club in Woodridge, Ill.
Among the highlights were silent auction baskets contributed by families of donors celebrating their loved one’s favorite hobbies and interests. Event proceeds will directly support Gift of Hope’s mission to save and enhance the lives of as many people as possible through organ & tissue donation, by funding education programs, research and development, and expanding resources for donor families.
The Jesse White Tumblers kicked off a pre-golf welcome ceremony that honored former Secretary of State Jesse White with the newly established Jesse White Leadership Achievement Award, for his decades of public advocacy for organ & tissue donation and work to increase donor registrations in Illinois.
A dinner program following golf featured Miss Illinois Jessica Tilton, who spoke about her family’s personal experience with donation and transplantation. Gift of Hope leadership also presented awards to:
- Illinois Rep. Nabeela Syed, with the 2023 Life Changing Champion Award for exceptional commitment and creativity in going the extra mile to save and enhance the lives of others.
- U.S. Congressman Danny K. Davis, with the 2023 Life Changer Award for Compassionate Service.
- Cook County Medical Examiner Ponni Arunkumar, MD, and her office, with the 2023 Life Changer Award for Outstanding Teams.
- Jeff Ziegenhorn, general manager, Teall Properties Group, with the 2023 Life Changer Award for Passionate People.
“We are so grateful for all our sponsors and community partners. Their support for our mission helped us make our Inaugural Golf Outing a huge success. said Audrena Spence, Executive Director of the Gift of Hope Community Foundation. “We are already looking forward to next year’s event.”
The fundraiser was made possible with the help of the generous contributions of dedicated sponsors and guests including:
- Ariel Investments
- Black McDonald’s Operators Association
- Bridge to Life
- Buhrman Design Group
- Chicago Urban League
- Community Tissue Services
- Continental Electric
- Dedicated Donor Call
- DL3 Realty
- Harry Wilkins, MD, and Karlyn Wilkins
- Ernest Sawyer Enterprises
- Eurofins Scientific
- The Fitzgerald Family
- Integrative Systems
- InVita iTransplant
- Jan Pro Systems
- Jim Riley
- Kates Detective & Security Agency
- Loretto Hospital
- Lori Chana
- Marsh McLennan
- Mesirow Financial
- National Kidney Foundation ofIllinois
- Nationwide Organ Recovery Transport Alliance (NORA)
- Northern Trust
- One Lambda, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Organ Recovery Systems
- Riteway-Huggins Construction Services, Inc.
- Spence Consulting, Inc.
- Vince R. Williams & Associates P.C.
- Wyn-Win Communications
About Gift of Hope Community Foundation:
Established in 2018, the Gift of Hope Community Foundation raises funds to support Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network’s mission and programs, to save and enhance the lives of as many people as possible through organ and tissue donation. Learn more about the Foundation at giftofhope.org/give.